Like most people I have something I'd like to accomplish for 2014. I don't want to call them resolutions because honestly those fail within the first 90 days. Instead I'm setting myself Goals and sub-goals.
Truthfully I can't fail. My health is on the line. I have a liver disease and the only way to reverse it is to shed the weight. I am also in a program to for weight loss surgery HOWEVER I can't depend on that in case in the end I don't qualify for it for some reason. So I AM changing my mindset, I AM going to hit my goal targets and I WILL heal my liver through health and wise food choices. This is no other option at this point.
1. Keep reducing my carb intake and make sure I don't eat the forbidden five: rice, white potatoes, pasta and bread. Totally give up gluten
2. Walk or do some sort of fitness three days a week for the from Jan-March, 4 days a week from April to July and five days a week thereafter
3. Meditate twice a week
4. Enroll in a self-enrichment course. Something fun and just for me.
5. Do a Whole 30 detox sometime in the next year.
6. Keep my room tidier and help more around the house in general. Less laziness and more purpose
Some of my sub-goals are: going to bed early and getting at least 8 hours of sleep, drinking more water and more active listening, less time on my iPhone and more time with the ones I love. Also to make more of an effort to like the family dog and take her on frequent walks.
My end goal for 2014 will be to run a 5k. And yes I said run. There will be no walking for this lady. I know I have an inner runner in me trying to bust out and dammit! She will this upcoming year :)
So I don't fail I'm setting mini end dates for each goal and not trying to lose a X amount of weight. I'll just focus on the above and weight loss should be a positive side effect. I know when I focus on losing a set amount it sets me to fail city because I get discouraged when the scale won't budge.
Tomorrow I'm taking my measurements and weighing myself. Then I'm going to put the scale away. Other than my weight program weigh-ins I will not be checking at home. I'm going to listen to my body and how I feel and go from there.
I'm also going to blog more to keep myself accountable so please follow my journey and we will all have a fantastic New Year!!!!