Saturday, December 21, 2013

When you don't read through the recipe



I tried two paleo curry recipes this week.   This curry chicken from My Heart Beets

http://myheartbeets.com/chicken-curry/


And this Meatball Curry recipe from Paleo OMG

http://paleomg.com/paleo-curry-meatballs/

The chicken turned out fantastic though I think I will use bone-in chicken thighs for more flavor.

I think the meatballs would've been better if I had paid more attention to the measuring spoons I was using when adding all the spices.  I pretty much used to much and both days I had them for lunch at work I had bad stomach pains after.   With both curry's I had steamed cauliflower as I didn't want to haul out my food processor to attempt cauliflower rice.

I still want to try and make Paleo Mayonnaise so maybe I'll try later this week.   I also want to attempt to improvise making Nom Nom Paleo's Sous Vide Crispy Chicken Thighs without a Sous Vide.

I'm not sure how much weight I've maybe lost. My scale has been wonky but my clothes have been looser so I'm taking that as a good sign.  Ive been mostly good in the last month with only a few cheats here and there.   I'm still having a hard time making breakfast at home and getting to work on time but even at McDonalds I'm just sticking to scrambled eggs and their sausage patties.  I need to see of the sausage is grain free though and maybe make my own at home on the weekends.  There are a few good recipes I've seen so maybe another Saturday experiment is in order.


Happy Holiday Everyone!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails