Monday, October 25, 2010

Good Works

I've been unemployed now for over a month and while I've been moping and whining while trying to find another job I've also decided to start doing some volunteer working.  I think its mutually beneficial as I'm getting out of the apartment, not focusing on the negative while helping out a great organization that in return offer assistance to the public or in this case, children. 

Tomorrow I have information session with a group here in Edmonton that help abused children going through the court system.  Hopefully I can be a calming presence for a very frightening and confusing situation.

My hope is to be doing this full-time while I look for a paying job and then still volunteer on a part-time basis afterward. 

Do you do any good works in your community or wherever/however?

Much Love & Happy Living!!

1 comment:

Sonya @ Eyes on the Hourglass said...

That sounds like a great idea Fiona. I'm sure you'll get much more out of it than you ever expected.

I volunteer at a horse stable. I wanted something completely different than my day job, and this is it. I love it and have been doing it for almost 2 years now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails