Sunday, July 18, 2010

How is your Sunday?

Mine is so-so. I'm head-achey and I'll probably take some Motrin and take a nap this afternoon.  Tomorrow night my hubby is back in town hopefully that will bode well for back to normalcy. I never really factored in how big a part of my normal routine he is and I'll be glad to have him back.

Today meal wise..well once again it started out good and went downhill from there.  However I have some meals wrote up for starting tomorrow that should get me back on track plus now all the desserts are out of the apartment again so that is a good thing too.

Tonight for supper I'll have leftover Stuffed Shells...I used this recipes which I got from a someone on Live Journal

Stuffed Shells

1 box (12 Oz. Box) Large Pasta Shells
1 whole Yellow Onion, Diced
4 cloves Garlic, Minced
2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
8 ounces, weight Baby Bella Mushrooms
12 ounces, weight Spinach
16 ounces, weight Part Skim Ricotta
1 whole Large Egg
1 teaspoon Nutmeg
1 pinch Kosher Salt
1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper To Taste
1 can (26 Oz. Can) Your Favorite Tomato Sauce
16 ounces, weight Shredded Mozzarella
Preparation Instructions
Cook the shells according to directions on the box. Saute onions and garlic in oil. Add mushrooms and cook until tender. Wilt in spinach. Set aside and let cool.
In a BIG bowl, mix ricotta, egg, nutmeg and salt and pepper. Add cooled veggie mixture and stir well. The fun part is spooning the mixture into the shells. Don’t be afraid to get messy or throw away shells that break. Pour tomato sauce into a large glass dish to just coat the bottom. Place in shells. I really stuff them in there, but I can never fit the whole box. Cover shells with sauce and cheese. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Enjoy.




Those were her notes in the cooking instructions.  I used regular white button mushrooms as that is what I found at Safeway. I also omitted the nutmeg as I didn't have any and it was pricey to buy for just an occasional dish.  
I had a friend over the night and we both declared it totally delicious!!  I'll try and make it for my husband soon and see what he thinks. 
Tomorrow I make on buying some Yves Veggie Bratwursts if I can find them and I'll make this potato salad compliments of Prairie Vegan. I'm going to not add olives though or the lovage and I'll add some lightly steamed fresh green beans instead of the zucchini too I think.  I'll serve this Cucumber salad on the side too. Its really good. I made it the other day with one English Cuke and devoured it within 24 hours. 

If I'm feeling better later I'll go down and visit with Mr. Treadmill for 45 minutes or if the weather is still good I'll go for a bike ride.  If not then I'll get up early in the morning and see how the weather is and do one or the other.  
How was your weekend?  What are your plans for the upcoming week?

Much Love & Healthy Living!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails